Marvell Lane Pty Ltd ("Company").
Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended from time to time and includes all subordinate legislation made pursuant to it. APPs means the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act as amended from time to time.
Personal Information has the same meaning attributed to it in section 6 of the Privacy Act and includes:
- Contact details including email address, physical and/or postal address and telephone numbers;
- Date of birth;
- Demographic information such as postcode;
- Preferences and opinions; and
- Information about a person’s dealings with us such as financial records, bank accounts and credit card details.
'Us', 'We', 'Our' means Marvell Lane Pty Ltd 'Website' means the Marvell Lane Pty Ltd website located at URL http://www.marvell-lane.com and includes all pages on the Website, but does not include any other website or any other URL, regardless of whether or not it is accessed via a link from the Website.
1. Personal Information:
The Company is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. It recognises that individuals have a right to control how their Personal Information is collected and used. Providing Personal Information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, the Company will only collect and use Personal Information as set out below.
2. Collecting personal information:
The Company will not collect or monitor any Personal Information about an individual without their consent. The only Personal Information collected is what has been provided voluntarily.
3. Use of tracking technologies:
The Company uses tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons to make use of the website and services as convenient as possible. Cookies are pieces of information that a web site transfers to a computer's hard disk for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons. These tracking technologies do not themselves personally identify users, although they do identify a user's browser.
4. Using and disclosing your personal information:
Personal Information will be used for the following primary purpose:
- To fulfill obligations under any sale and purchase contract and/or any other contract between the individual and the Company.
- To render services related to Company's business such as warranty or after sales services.
- Promote our products on various digital platforms in addition to our website.
- To deliver advertisements related to our products and services which are targeted and personalised to you.
For the purpose described above, information may be shared with Company's group companies either in Australia or overseas. Also, in order to operate the web site or deliver a service, Personal Information may also be shared with a service provider, a non-Company group company.
5. Contact by the Company:
The Company may contact individuals using the information, which was provided by them in order to:
- Provide information that may be of interest about upgrades, new Company products, special offers and other matters that may be of interest.
- To send newsletters.
- For marketing and advertising purposes including direct marketing and to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you.
- For internal record keeping.
6. Individual's right of access:
Individuals have the right to review the information that may be recorded on the Company's database. Information may be reviewed by contacting the Company on the customer enquiry number 0400289096.
7. The Company and links to other web sites:
The Company may provide links to web sites outside of the Company site. These linked sites are not under the control of Company, and the Company is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to the Company web site, nor for the performance or otherwise of any content and/or software contained in such external websites.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is collected and stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. Shopify stores your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Payment through Shopify:
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
9. Problems or queries: